When the thermometer has a growth spurt and more people are in the water then on land, the menu calls for salad. Aside from the ocean view, this salad has it all.
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon blackberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- Ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups red lettuce
- 1 cup fresh greens of choice in season
- 1/2 sliced yellow pepper
- 1/2 sliced orange pepper
- 1/2 cup crab meat
- 1/8 cup hearts of palm
- 1/8 cup beets
- 5 tablespoons cilantro
- 5 tablespoons almonds
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 apple or pear, finely sliced
- In a small bowl or creuset, mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, blackberry preserves, pepper, garlic and basil.
- In a large bowl, toss together greens, vegetables, crab, hearts of palm, beets, almonds, cilantro and dried cranberries. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss.