For tomorrow's photo shoot, I made banana bread--cracked eggs, mashed bananas--the real deal. Though the two muffins I made with the remaining batter did not turn out as well. Allan said otherwise but he is just being a sweet husband.
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp baking powder
* 1 large egg, beaten
* 3 tsp canola oil
* 2 medium egg whites, beaten
* 3 large ripe bananas
* 1 cup instant oatmeal (maple or cinnamon flavor)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a 9×5 inch loaf pan, spray with cooking spray or grease the pan. (Margarine works best).
3. In a large bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, table salt, baking soda and baking powder.
4. Stir in the canola oil and eggs into the bowl.
5. In a separate bowl, mash bananas with a potato masher or fork. Then add bananas and oatmeal to the batter.
6. Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake it for about 45 to 50 minutes. Use cake prick and test in the middle. The bread is ready if it comes out clean.